Grade 3 to Grade 5 Curriculum
SikhRI offers a comprehensive Gurmat based curriculum called Sojhi; in the Panjabi language ‘Sojhi’ means ‘insight’. The Curriculum is oriented around the goal of developing insights to inspire a Gurū-centered life.
Gurmat and Panjabi schools across the globe are used as a means to impart Sikh spirit, principles, values, and history to the youth. While teachers and volunteers at these schools do their best in delivering Gurū’s message, still there is a gap between each school knowing what to teach and taking it to the next level of engaging children. SikhRI offers a strategic solution to this key challenge and also helps develop higher-order thinking skills among children through Sojhi curriculum. We share classroom and teaching ideas and strategies, share tips about classroom management, behavior management and effective instructional strategies.
Our curriculum is developed and reviewed extensively by educators, child development specialists, and experts and scholars in the subject matter covered by the curriculum and it is widely used in Gurmat and Panjabi schools across North America, parts of Europe and Asia.
Special thanks to developers and reviewers: Jasmine Kaur, Harliv Kaur, Harinder Singh, Inderpreet Singh, Simran Jeet Singh, Harpreet Singh, Isha Kaur Singh, Navjot Singh, Carol Wright-Smith and Tejwant Kaur Chana.
Currently we provide printable worksheets, lesson plans and power-points from Kindergarten to Grade 8, which are free to download. Each grade is divided into two core curriculum: Boli (Language Arts) and Virsa (Sikh History). Curriculum for Pre-K and High School is under development. SikhRI welcomes feedback, comments, and suggestions on Sojhi curriculum. If you or your organization is interested in sponsoring a phase of Sojhi online lesson plan releases, please contact the Sojhi team (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
We also offer training workshops for parents, educators and adult caregivers in which we guide them to explore exercises and activities they can do with their child to bring them closer to Gurbani and Gurmat.
The Sojhi Solution
• Improving the effectiveness of Sikh educations
• Offering high standards of learning
• Relevant course material for students
• Developmentally appropriate learning activities
• Consistent syllabi and teaching for instructors
• Instructors training in content and teaching mechanism
• Full day training session for teachers of Gurmat and Pañjābī Schools
• Perfect for administrators, teachers, substitute teachers from local area
• Two Sojhī trainers attend each session
Scope of Training
• Gain skills to use in your classroom
• Participate in role-playing scenarios
• Set a stage for peer support
• Develop skills for open-communication with your administration
• Understand what you are teaching
• Discover ways to use research material accurately
• Enhance your knowledge base on content
• Clarify subject matter misconceptions
- Level 1 Training: 8:30am- 6:00pm (Saturday or Sunday)
- Level 2 Training: Determined based on host requirements (Saturday or Sunday)
• Light Breakfast, Lunch and Snacks will be served
• Local Host to sponsor training, location and meals
• Participants from regional schools
For more information, please contact us at 908.947.0337 or send an email to email@example.com.
Committe Report-Part A
Committee Report Part B
Committee Report-Part A Panjabi
Committee Report-Part B Panjabi
Sojhi Review Committee Responds
Sojhi Review Committee Responds-Panjabi